Motorcycle Lead Engineer (Chassis Design)
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Role context and purpose:
Our client is looking for talented Engineers to join their Chassis team based in our client's state of the art Technology Centre. The role forms part of the wider Chassis team, taking the lead on specific projects and components, helping to shape the future product portfolio. A key part of the role is to take the lead in forwarding our client's specialist technical knowledge base and working practices, managing projects, technical development and technical sign-off for a small group of engineers along with assisting the Team Leader in effectively managing the team.
● Design systems and components for new and updated chassis projects, considering function, cost, manufacture, assembly and quality.
● Produce good quality 3D CAD models using Pro-Engineer.
● Produce good quality 2D engineering drawings.
● Follow and help maintain design, operational and quality procedures.
● Produce supporting documentation for designs, as required.
● Liaise with internal departments such as, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality and Assembly.
● Liaise with outside suppliers.
● Manage their own time and workload effectively.
● Represent the design team or PD department in interdepartmental meetings in the absence of the team leader.
● Will be technically responsible for the design and development of a major chassis subassembly or system.
● May plan and oversee the delivery of many major chassis subassemblies or systems.
● May become a specialist in a particular area and work to enhance and distribute knowledge throughout the department.
● Manage the workload of a small group of engineers.
● May manage the delivery of a derivative motorcycle
● Responsible for drafting and updating design best practice and test procedures.
● Should be able to demonstrate good time management and excellent knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
● Should be able demonstrate technical leadership and coaching skills.
● Be able to manage the technical requirements of multiple chassis systems simultaneously.
● Educational qualifications
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline. Minimum of 2:1 required.
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Pro-engineer.
- Extensive experience in engineering design of components and subassemblies, ideally within the motorcycle industry.
- Excellent understanding of design requirements for mass production manufacturing.
- Extensive experience of creating, checking and releasing 2D technical drawings.
- Excellent understanding of geometric tolerancing and its application.
- Excellent understanding of motorcycle chassis layout and construction.
- Experience in analysis and optimisation of components and subassemblies.
- Excellent technical comprehension of motorcycle chassis layout, design & development.
- Planning and delivery of small projects including budgeting and resource management.
- Should be comfortable with managing and coaching others.
- Practical experience of vehicle maintenance and preparation is advantageous.
- Extensive experience in designing to Regulatory requirements as applied to motorcycles.
This position is being offered as a long term contract OR permanent role.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment agency.
Premea is a specialist recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors
£50k - £60k Annual
£28k - £30k Annual
£300 - £500 Daily