Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Employment type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £40,000 + Package
Location: Grays, Essex
Start Date: July 2019
Randstad CPE Contact: Katherine Murrell
Sector: Civil Engineering
A leading UK main contractor, who specialise in all aspects of Civil Engineering, currently have various projects in the South East with an existing live project near to Grays, Essex. With their extensive amount of work, they currently have a requirement to expand their team and are therefore actively seeking a Quantity Surveyor come on board and continue delivering high quality projects for their clients.
A large civil engineering project consisting of a range of components including: PQ Concrete, Piling, Earthworks, Groundworks, Road Construction and general externals.
As a Project Quantity Surveyor it will be your responsibility to increase value, reduce cost, drive profit and manage risk in a safe and ethical manner for the contract they are working on.
* Ensure cash flow is maximised; ensuring payments are received on time
* Provide contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Contributing to the team to help ensure that business targets and KPI’s are met / exceeded
* Preparation of monthly cost / value reports, together with review of results and consideration of trends
* Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
* Liaising with sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
* Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
* Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience within Quantity Surveying
* Experience within a similar role
* Proven experience using NEC forms of contracts
* Confident IT skills
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
* Proven time management skills
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
What to do now…
If you think this role could be of interest to you at the moment, please click “apply now” and submit your CV for immediate consideration. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, we’d still be keen to hear from you so we can discuss other opportunities we have available.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
£40k - £45k Annual