Vehicle Technician and MOT Tester
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Family run local garage are now seeking to recruit 2 dynamic VM’s to join their expanding team.
You will be reporting to the Directors and your role will be to carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs to vehicles in accordance with company standards, procedures and safe working practices. In addition, oversee MOT centre performance in accordance with company standards and procedures and safe working practices
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with opening and closing procedures
- Preparing the workshop for the daily tasks
- Ensuring health and safety standards are maintained and that uniform is worn at all times. Only use tools and equipment you are authorised to use
- All jobs completed to the standard set by management and vehicles readied for customer collection including road test (with appropriate interior protection used)
- All MOTs undertaken to be carried out to the standard specified by DVSA
- All paperwork relating to jobs completed thoroughly such as, but not limited to, job cards
- Clear daily communication with all workshop staff and reception
- Provide cover in reception when necessary for answering phones and assisting customers with bookings/ payments/ collections/ loan cars etc.
- Keep Workshop/ forecourt/ MOT centre/ reception/ kitchen in a good appearance
- Report any health and safety issues immediately to directors.
- Notify reception if stock levels are low
- Communicating with customers regarding progress, work required, obtaining authorisation and resolving customer requests, issues, problems or concerns (including phone and emails)
- Ensuring loan cars are an acceptable standard
- Administration in association with loan cars
Review and administration:
- Regular progress meetings with management and weekly huddles with all staff
- Yearly review meeting with management
- Unused parts are returned immediately to suppliers and paperwork completed
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
- Good timekeeping
- Neat administration
- Good organisation
- Able communicator with customers and internally
- Takes responsibility
- Exemplary housekeeping
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Ability to ask for help when required
- Focused on tasks
- Willingness and shows initiative
As well as the following:
- Honesty, integrity and respect
- Welcoming, helpful and proactively offering advice to our customers
- Problem solving / solution finding
- Always learning
- Strong work ethic
- Passionate, dedicated and presentable
- Excellent team player
The ideal candidate will be a time served VM who is seeking to progress his or her career in this sector, if you are not a qualified MOT inspector, for the right individual, the garage is willing to invest and get the qualifications for you.
In return they are offering a good starting package, however, to get the top end of the banding you will need to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge and experience as well as being a qualified MOT inspector already.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (phone number removed) ext 1.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY