Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Ferrovial Agroman is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Agroman delivers value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK and Ireland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our business for an ambitious and talented Environmental Assistant.
* Contribute to the achievement of the Environmental objectives in accordance with company policy and procedures
* Promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
* Promote continuous improvement of environmental performance on specific projects
* Be familiar with and promote current environmental legislation best practices
* Participate in the development, regular review and update of the Environmental Management System
* Monitor and report Environmental performance and KPI’s
* Provide advice, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to manage their environmental and sustainable responsibilities
* Assist the Environmental Manager in preparations for meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums and attend in their absence
* Liaise with clients and external bodies on environmental matters as required
* Contribute to site environmental inspections and reports
* Monitor close out of Environmental Reviews and audits of projects within prescribed timescales
* Participate in and support training to project members and subcontractors and other initiatives to facilitate consistent standards and spread best practice
* Identify possible operational risks or opportunities and work with central HSQE Team to ensure an appropriate and effective response
* Carry out or contribute to incident investigations, ensuring the comprehensive gathering of supporting evidence material
* Assist in producing, maintaining & ensuring compliance of the all Environmental Management Plans
* Assist in the management of effective waste control through reducing, reusing, recycling & responsible disposal
* Ensure all environmental documentation is present and correct to conform to current legislation
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Good knowledge of Environment Legislation
* Good communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels throughout the project
* Ability to carry out detailed, thorough and systematic analysis
* Skilled in questioning and investigating to identify immediate, root or systematic facets of situations and root causes
* Technical knowledge of the construction process in general and awareness of their own limitations
* Accident Investigation knowledge
* Existing knowledge of Carbon Management and contaminated land and water
* Ability to carry out Environmental Audits
* Environmental Qualification
* Knowledge of working in airports
* CSCS card
* Experience using Smartwaste
Ferrovial Agroman UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience
£50k - £65k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£35 - £38 Hourly
£22k - £23k Annual