Marine Service Technician (UK based)
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary dependent on experience | Permanent | U.K Based with regular global travel
Emsys Maritime is currently looking to recruit an experienced marine service technician to join their team. This is a key service role, servicing, repairing, installing and commissioning of Emsys systems onboard ocean-going ships on a global basis.
The business operates with key values of Technology, Teamwork and Service. The candidate will have the skills, knowledge and experience to work on their own initiative and drive successful performance of the business with a focus on managed growth.
The successful candidate should ideally have experience of working as a Service Engineer or Technician on-board commercial vessels or in shipyards. Your background should include working on electrical, electronic and mechanical systems and you should be comfortable in fault-finding systems that include PLC and PC based software environments. Full system training will be provided.
You will be required to travel globally, sometimes at short notice. If you are familiar with the maritime industry’s service requirements then this should not be anything new. However, to provide a reasonable work/life balance we always try to schedule your workload to try to help you meet any personal obligations. Our flexible contract includes a homeworking option and the ability to manage your schedule based upon workload requirements.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Provide on-ship resource for service and repair.
* Provide sufficient technical competence and manage own spares holding/liaise with spares/service coordination team to provide first-time fix.
* Recommend spares holding for customers.
* Provide customer distance support - Contact with customers to provide work instructions etc. to allow trouble shooting and self-repair of simple problems.
* Update admin systems of work completed.
* Preparing Method of Works and Plans of Action as required.
* You will work closely with the Technical Manager and Service Coordinator to help efficiently schedule your visits
* Updating inhouse systems with service information reports
* Liaising with customers, captains and port agents
* Carrying out the necessary admin duties including filing reports, preparing expenses and other duties as necessary to carry out your role
* You will be expected to learn and implement the companies HSQE policy. This will be important as we deal with challenging customers in sometimes difficult environments.
* Good organisational and administration skills – Well organised, able to deal with numbers, facts and standards.
* Ideally a technical understanding of the marine emissions monitoring industry and the products and services supplied by the company.
* Excellent communication skills – an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business.
* Be non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations.
* Demonstrate high levels of initiative in the management of customer satisfaction including identifying, developing and implementing practical solutions to business problems.
* Demonstrate an ability to devise and implement plans to grow business performance.
* Decisive, helpful, accommodating, enthusiastic, conscientious and considerate.
* Demonstrate drive and passion for continuous improvement.
You must be qualified with a formal technical education and confident in spoken and written English.
This position requires the candidate to be reasonably fit as some of the tasking on-board ships is physically demanding. In addition to the right to live and work in the U.K you will need a full driving license and be able to travel to countries in regions such as Europe, U.S, Middle East, South America, Caribbean and the Far East
A competitive basic salary with a flexible working contract
25 days annual paid leave
£20k - £21k Annual
£20k - £24k Annual
£18.5k - £35k Annual
£28.5k - £28.5k Annual