Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
My client, a large Irish subcontractor is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a strong background in the civil engineering market. This is a long term freelance project seeking someone who can work both in a team and independently.
The scope of work includes: station upgrades, structures, civils, drainage, public realm.
Roles and responsibilities:
* Be responsible for initiating and leading tasks/processes
* Pricing up and management of utility packages and new resource across the site offices
* Be responsible for planning and managing own work, and that of other commercial team members
* Ensure that the contractor's commercial position is protected using in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes
* Liaise with the client, PQS and Senior staff
* You are expected to manage and provide development/support to other commercial team members
* Reporting to the Commercial Manager
* Estimate from first princripal
* Move into a Commercial Management role and manage a team of QS'
Benefits for you:
* Competitive rates
* The opportunity to work for a well-known contractor
* The chance to work on a major UK project
* A great location, which is easy to get to
* A degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar / Equivalent HND (not necessary)
* Experience working on civil engineering
* Working knowledge of NEC/JCT
* Have a very good work ethic and be willing to work hard
If you are interested in this role, or are a Quantity Surveyor looking at your career options, then please contact Morgan Broughton at Randstad CPE on (phone number removed).
Alternatively, if you know someone who may be interested we offer a £200 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.
Add me on LinkedIn to stay updated with all the opportunities I have available for Quantity Surveyors of all levels: https://(url removed)/in/morgan-broughton-(phone number removed)a7/
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
£22k - £25k Annual
£20k - £50k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£45k - £52k Annual