Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Writing compelling, technically accurate and commercially attractive bids you will have an unwavering focus to deliver our vision and business objectives - this role is pivotal for our growth both in the UK and internationally.
What are the key objectives?
* Deliver successful, creative and high-quality compelling bids enabling new order wins and repeat business through the process of the bid or no-bid assessment, decision-making and bid preparation;
* Ensure each and every opportunity is analysed in the context of our overall strategic direction, adopting an appropriate bid strategy to include win themes, unique selling propositions and identification/mitigation of critical issues;
* Provide insight, clarity and understanding of customer requirements to all internal stakeholders;
* Collate and review key supplier responses, commercial terms and quotations in a timely manner;
* Facilitate and present our cost estimates, price breakdowns and cash-flow analysis;
* Work with our functions and technical leads to pull together the factual information required for each bid, then use your writing skills to communicate this in a creative, consistent and persuasive way that addresses the key questions asked (and in some cases not asked!);
* Upon contract award, support the commercial handover to the operations team including collation and handover of all documentation;
* Support our engagement, negotiations and meetings with customers, partners and suppliers;
* Work on ad-hoc, ongoing pieces of work including developing templates for our bids and bid-library content;
* Ensure compliance with our procedural governance requirements.
Top Internal Relationships
1. Bid Director and Bid Managers
2. All functions across the business
3. Executive Board
* A confident, resilient and competitive individual with the ability and drive to take ownership and galvanise stakeholders with competing delivery demands into action;
* Able to lead complex bids requiring input from multiple stakeholders around our company;
* Experience of creating successful bids within a technical software and/or technical integration environment, ideally within transformational Tech/IT Systems/Software/SaaS;
* Ability to balance customer needs with our strategic aims and objectives;
* Ability to understand the questions really being asked by clients and answer these creatively;
* Unafraid of owning the challenge of getting the right input, at the right time into our bids