Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
You will report directly to the Commercial Director. You will have line management responsibilities for an Accounts Administrator and will be the main day to day point of contact for all finance queries.
You will lead the finance function, reporting to the Commercial Director. You will be responsible for the day to day company's financial accounting, reporting and control activities.
You will have many responsibilities in this role, some will include:
* Ensuring all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and secure conditions
* Maintaining accurate and effective financial controls on all transactions occurred by the company utilising company systems
* Implementing and operating robust credit control systems
* Support the production of variance analysis and of commentary on monthly results
* Support preparation of quarterly forecasts
* Overseeing the preparation of salary and wage calculations for 70+ employees, directly processing senior and director salaries and benefits, HMRC taxes, pension scheme contributions
* Support year end audits and supporting preparation of year end statutory accounts
* Assist in developing accuracy of project costing and stock control
* Take the lead on various management initiatives as part of the management team
To be considered for this exciting role you must have the following:
* experience in a similar role in a business within the Engineering/Construction sector and have an excellent knowledge of accounting for project work in progress
* Be able to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and the capability to coach and develop a team
* Excellent working knowledge of SAGE is essential. Experience of SAP and other accounting systems, including cloud based systems is highly desirable
* Experience in implementing new accounts support software is desirable, particularly in assisting wider team members through such a change process
* Be comfortable supporting directors with a strong operational exposure and a track record of delivering process and system improvements
This is an exciting time to join the company as they are going through a growth so you will also be required to work with the leadership team to challenge and drive business performance and help with strategic plans.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy
£55k - £65k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual