Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
As the IT PM you will be responsible for successful delivery of IT projects and enhancement developments associated with Enterprise business solutions within the organisation. This role manages, defines and agrees, the project delivery strategy, ensuring that affordable and efficient IT solutions are implemented as a business enabler, thereby ensuring that organisational objectives are met. Ideally you will have one of more of the following qualifications Agile methods (Kanban and Scrum), Prince2, PMBoK or MSP
- To monitor and review the internal and external environment to ensure compliance and best practice are adhered to.
- To ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders, to maximise customer satisfaction.
- To externally represent and promote The Organisation effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image.
- To gain a good understanding of the Finance and Corporate Services applications and solutions used by the organisation and how they support the business.
- To establish, implement and manage effective working arrangements & delivery practices (primarily Kanban Agile methodology) within the Finance & Corporate Enterprise platforms delivery team.
- To ensure consistency of working practices with other IT delivery teams and to ensure a consistent level of service delivery in line with the Organisation business plan.
- To manage delivery of an on-going portfolio of IT projects and enhancement developments to support the goals, objectives and business change agendas of the organisation.
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders, based on trust and partnership, to support delivery of projects and developments for internal customers.
- To work with the IT Project Management Office (IT PMO), IT Service & Support, IT Business Solutions & Delivery, Information Security & Governance, external suppliers and the wider business in the delivery of IT projects and enhancement developments.
- To produce and manage a consolidated plan for a portfolio of projects and development enhancements on behalf of/working with IT Business Partners, IT PMO, internal IT delivery teams and business stakeholders.
- To take responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of IT projects, throughout all phases, identifying, assessing and managing risks to the success of the project
- To be responsible for all associated project delivery documentation including highlight reports, PID’s, project plans, RAID logs and constraints.
- To work collaboratively with team members and other teams sharing knowledge and information and supporting where necessary.
- To appraise delivery and project outcomes in order to improve project management processes and achieve overall increased stakeholder satisfaction through best practice and lessons learnt.
- Effective estimation of costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of IT projects to agree terms of reference and to ensure that realistic and structured project and quality plans are prepared.
- Project deliverables are completed within planned costs, timescale and resource budgets, ensuring that plans are maintained and all activities and costs are tracked against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders, as appropriate.
Proven skills, experience and knowledge in IT project management and delivering IT projects in both an Agile and Waterfall methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum, Prince2, MSP, PMBoK).
- Demonstrable management skills operating within a demanding IT project management role relating to IT business applications and associated IT infrastructure environments.
- In depth documentation and delivery planning (incl. RAID, budgets, tracking and reporting).
- Good knowledge of integration of multiple applications, including large scale data validation and migration and a good understanding of Finance and Housing business processes.
- Delivery and results focused, with strong communication and interpersonal skills – customer focused, collaborative and able to build strong, effective working relationships with key business and IT stakeholders at all levels in an organisation.
- Strong written/oral communication, presentation negotiation and chairing/facilitating meeting skills, to manage stakeholders effectively and deliver required delivery quality outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience working with IT application/infrastructure technical teams and business stakeholders subject matter experts to deliver required delivery outcomes.
- Excellent experience in managing internal and external technology partners.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools for the analysis, assessment and management of risk.
- Ability to analyse complex problems in a structured manner whilst under pressure.
- Agile methods (Kanban and Scrum)