Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Responsibilities will also include the initial setup and deployment of new solutions and the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
* The Principal Domain Architect provides leadership as well as in-depth expertise in the design and implementation of Information Technology (IT) solutions in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Organisation’s entire IT infrastructure including voice, data and control networks, servers, storage and data centres.
* The Principal Domain Architect contributes to the definition of the organisation's technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns for IT infrastructure and provides technical advice and guidance in support of its implementation. This role also provides technical leadership on a set of IT delivery projects as part of a complex programme.
* Assessment of proposed solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns.
* Verification of delivered technical solutions against previously approved architecture specifications and change requests.
* Assume the role of Lead Architect on many delivery projects;
* Assist business and technical analysts with the identification of business requirements.
* Support the solution architects and the architectural design for IT infrastructure solutions.
* Provide support to project managers for the creation of plans, timescales, costs and risks for the implementation of IT solutions.
* Own and deliver the Design Control Plan and lead the technical design reviews.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Definition of technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation's IT infrastructure.
* Maintain general awareness of developments in the IT infrastructure marketplace including vendor strategies and report on their potential impact on the organisation.
* Lead technology selection and procurement processes including the development of business cases and cost estimates.
* Participate in and support the operation of the IS Architecture Review Board.
* Support and deliver high quality and timely output to the MOD customer when required.
* Guide and support technical service managers and others on the creation of change requests related to the IT infrastructure.
* Maintain awareness of industry methods and techniques for Enterprise and Technical Architecture and make recommendations for their adoption where appropriate.
* Contribute to the development of the Technical Architecture Team, including coaching and mentoring of individuals and tasking of 3rd party resources.
* Professional certification in Enterprise Architecture such as TOGAF.
* A bachelor’s degree in either computer science or systems development, or relevant experience.
* Specialist in at least one and good appreciation of all technical aspects of IT systems (e.g. voice, data and/or control networks, servers, storage, data centre)
* Familiar with the security demands of defence IT systems
* Familiar with Enterprise Architecture methods, techniques and modelling languages
* Able to set requirements and proposed solution into the context of the wider business and CIO arena
* Is able to work under-pressure to get the job done
* Is able to effectively influence people to follow process
* Has the ability to manage a task through to its successful completion.
* Proactively solves problems encountered
* Ability to effectively prioritise, understanding impact and risks.
* Reacts to planning changes in a prompt and efficient manner.
* Has the ability to promote the IT Services organisation
* Held position of Enterprise Architect, or Technical Architect within large (e.g. more than 1,000 staff) organisation
* Development of Multi-Site architectures in a secure environment
* Creation of conceptual models to assist in understanding and solving problems
* Analysis of concepts at multiple levels of abstraction, retaining the ‘big picture’; but attending to detail where required
* Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
* Familiar with industry best-practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT systems (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, COBIT)
* Awareness of commercial and IT systems procurement practice
* An understanding of good Information Management
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application
£80 - £90 Hourly
£75 - £85 Hourly
£70k - £85k Annual