3D Printing Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
The 3D Printing Manufacturing Engineer will be an integral part of a project team who will develop 3D Printing and Materials Processes at the Cork site. They will lead process development activities and work under the guidance of the project team. This is a technical leadership role collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations. The role involves working with a cross functional team on a project to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of 3D Printing and Materials Processes.
Main Responsibilities of the role:
• Provide technical leadership for projects in the area of 3D Printing and Materials Processes ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
• Support the development of long-term strategy for 3D Printing and Materials Processes
• Implement of cost effective 3D Printing and Material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
• Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
• Lead detailed product / process design reviews
• Design, develop and conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
• Develop innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
• Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
• Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
• Participate in PFMEA studies and risk assessments
• Participate in 3D Printing and Materials manufacturing processes from end to end within the supply chain
• Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
• BSc in Materials/Mechanical/ Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline
• 2-4 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
• Project management experience
Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similarly regulated environment and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills with problem solving ability.
• Ph.D. or MSc qualification in Material Sciences or similar
• Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3) - Six Sigma Blackbelt certified
• Product and Process Validation experience
• Integration of R&D Programs into Manufacturing Operations
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
• Previous experience in Titanium 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing
• Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
• Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment
£29.4k - £31.9k Annual
£24.1k - £30.4k Annual
£42k - £54.6k Annual