2nd Line IT support technician
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
As part of a global Service Desk team you will provide support to RPS teams across multiple locations globally, using the ITIL framework as a model for best practice
The role will see you being able to utilise your technical skills and further develop your professional expertise in a dynamic and challenging environment.
You will have either several years support experience in 1st tier support and be looking to move to 2nd tier or 2nd tier experience which you wish to develop further
• Usage of the Service Management Tool (ITSM) to record and manage incidents in accordance with processes and within SLAs.
• Using an ITIL framework, providing in-depth technical support within SLAs.
• Escalating tickets to 3rd tier, as necessary.
• Analyse complex computer systems, identify problems, and develop and implement logical conclusions and effective solutions.
• Train other staff and stakeholders on technical issues as needed including coaching 1st tier support
• Working as part of a global team
• Driving continuous improvement by sharing and receiving knowledge on our services and solutions to drive the service closer to the end user
• Recording incidents received directly over telephone or email.
• Installation of software packages.
• Updating documentation and knowledge articles.
Education and experience
• Minimum 3 years Technology Support experience in a 1st or 2nd tier role.
• ITIL Foundation Qualification
• Experience of using an ITSM / Service Management tool.
• Technical support experience of Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7 and Office 365.
• Technical support experience on IOS and Android mobile devices.
• Windows Server, Networking, Active Directory experience would be advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills and willingness to help.
• Good skills in developing knowledge articles
• Ability to coach tier 1 analysts an advantage
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and ownership of incidents.
• Very good attention to detail and completion of incident records in the ITSM
• Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE certifications are advantageous.
• Experience with AutoCAD would be advantageous.
Our benefits include:
24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group disability scheme, Share incentive scheme, Life assurance, Cycle to work scheme.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy
£20k - £22k Annual