Head of Enterprise Architecture
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
This global organisation is undergoing a significant transformation and is looking for an experienced Enterprise Architect ideally TOGAF certified with experience of integrating business, application, data and technology architecture to create business solutions that are cost effective and compliant with EA Standards.
As a Head of Enterprise Architecture you will manage a team of 5 Architects and lead the design and modelling of architectures for delivery, development, and support of projects.
You will need to understand and interpret requirements: probe for information, listen to information, influence people, facilitate consensus building, synthesise and translate ideas into actionable requirements, articulate those ideas to others along with identifying constraints, risks, etc. As an enterprise architect you will partner with Solution Architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable technical architectural solutions. You will build awareness, define scope and immediate objectives for Enterprise Architecture and act as a lead member of the SCI Architecture Design Board to evaluate project proposals for ‘architectural fit'
Other duties include supporting the Architecture and Strategy Director to:
• build the long-term strategic roadmap for Enterprise Architecture by collaborating with all relevant stakeholders
• improve the model through continuous monitoring and regular updates
• build Governance Structure
• align IT architecture strategy and planning with the company's business goals and objectives
• develop and maintain policies, standards, and guidelines
Management of the Enterprise Architecture Team
- Coach, support, empower and line manage (including performance management) each Architect within the team individually, with a long-term view of coaching in order to develop the team as an organizational capability within the IT organisation
- Ensure that the Architects within the team successfully complete the required activities and deliverables to support the progress of projects through project stage-gates
The successful Head of Enterprise Architecture will have the following experience and skills:
• Moving ‘as is' to ‘to be' architectures across business, application, data, and technology domains
• Designing, integrating, and managing complex technology solutions involving multiple applications and deployed on a global scale
• Knowledge of fundamental analysis methodologies/tools, including UML, use cases, process, and information flows
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups, with ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
• Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IT standards to meet business requirements
• Outstanding communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical levels
• Exposure to diverse technology and process environments
• Excellent leadership skills that inspire others and embrace teamwork and collaboration, including line management experience
• Proven ability to deliver projects on time, with strong organisational, time and task management skills
• Ability to ‘think big' and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype
• Computing degree educated and ideally TOGAF certified
In return you will be rewarded with a good salary and an exceptional benefits package including 30 days holiday (plus bank hols), generous pension with employer contributions from 5.5% to 13.5%, season ticket loan, cycle loan, child care vouchers and eye tests.
You will get the satisfaction of giving something back by working for an immensely positive organisation that is truly doing so much good. Based in the west end their offices are in a great location with easy access to Leicester Square, Piccadilly and Charing Cross stations!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch
£19k - £23k Annual