Field sales engineer - Embedded
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Main Duties & Accountabilities
* To obtain orders to meet Sales Targets by managing both Key and Desk accounts.
* To work as a team with Internal Sales and Sales Development Manager to provide effective coverage of all size opportunities and proactively identify new sales opportunities and follow-up and develop leads generated by others.
* To liase with technical, commercial and office staff at both Clients and its suppliers to develop design in opportunities and maintain Accounts in target markets. (e.g. Joint visits, demonstrations and presentations),
* To maintain a good understanding of clients, Embedded Computing division, franchised products and services and their possible applications and markets.
* To complete administration tasks in a timely manner. (E.g. customer records, visit reports. Itineraries and lost business reports as well as providing accurate and timely Sales Forecasts)
* To successfully negotiate, implement, and manage contracts with key accounts to meet company and customer expectations.
* To ensure that all activities/tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy and the Quality / ISO system.
* Any other relevant and reasonable duties that may be requested by management.
* MUST HAVE EMBEDDED EXPERIENCE
Key Performance Indicators
* Meeting sales targets against forecast / set objectives.
* Achievement of budget / margin levels.
* Specific objectives will be agreed and set annually.
* Qualifications & Knowledge;
* Knowledge of the target customer base.
* Knowledge and understanding of Embedded Computing products.
* Computer literate; proficient in the use of Excel & Word.
* Good standard of numeracy.
* Keep up to date with product developments.
Skills and Experience
* Proven experience of sales techniques.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good commercial acumen.
* Experience of Embedded Computer markets & competitors.
* Ability to develop and maintain good relationships at all levels within the Company and its Customers
Self-motivated - enthusiasm and drive to succeed.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual basis
Ability to work under pressure.
Creative – able to think ‘outside the box’
Valid driving licence.
Smart and professional appearance
Scope of Responsibility
Embedded Computing – exact sales area to be confirmed
Role will cover from Devon up to Cambridge area, you will be reporting line into the Wokingham office, so must be prepared to go there a couple of times per month.
3/4 days a week on the road
1 day a week at home covering admin
£325 - £425 Daily
£13.2 - £13.2 Hourly