Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Position: Site Accountant
Reporting to: Sittingbourne General Manager
Salary: 35-45k DOE
Job Type: Full time
My client a leading supplier of aluminium and magnesium castings and fully-finished, assembly ready cast parts for the aerospace and defence industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Month end and financial reporting- timely completion of books, review of sales invoices uploading from Aventa to Sage, completion of cost allocation across all sites, preparation and issue of monthly group reports, preparation of monthly site MIS.
* Month end cost reporting- Monthly reporting of standards, analysis of direct material spend for senior managers, full reconciliation of UK stocks and WIP, provide a monthly summary detail stock report by product, segment and business.
* Costing and Reporting for Variable cost spend & shop floor variances- monthly valuation of sit WIP, analysis of variable cost spend by key materials, monthly reconciliation and reporting of cost of goods, identifying under and over absorption of labour alongside site scheduler, reporting for scrap by product
* Controls & Governance- monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, stock valuation, lead on annual audit support, lead on annual stock take, ONS returns.
* Business partnering- Developing annual site budgets covering Sales, CoGs, Fixed costs, Debtors and Stocks and reporting performance against the same, Maintenance and update of standard costing by part numbers, Develop Site KPIs, Participate in Site communications covering analysis of results
* People management- to develop and support site purchase ledger clerk.
An enthusiastic finance professional with at least 5 years’ experience in Aerospace / Engineering sector. Experience in ERP (preferably Aventa / SAGE1000) with be a distinct advantage.
Education and qualifications
* Highly numeric / strong analytical skills preferably with a formal Accountancy qualification (CIMA/ ACA).
* Educated to degree or equivalent level with a strong academic record
* An evidence of professional development in a complex manufacturing / aerospace environment
* An eye for detail, focused on implementing robust controls and processes
* Experienced in cost accounting and management of audits
* Advanced level spreadsheet skills experience in data warehousing preferable
Interpersonnel is assisting with the 1st stage of recruitment for this role.
Interpersonnel are equal opportunity employers. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search
£38k - £45k Annual
£22k - £22k Annual
£18k - £24k Annual