Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
To participate in all engineering activities along with the Manufacturing & Manufacturing Support Team, ensuring the maximum provision of the manufacturing assets.
· To ensure comprehensive quality checks are followed and understood to achieve compliance as a minimum with the ISO 9001 standard.
· To ensure environmental management procedures are followed to achieve compliance with ISO 14001 standard.
· To ensure all management procedures are followed in line with all our Health, Safety and BRC procedures.
· Housekeeping is of paramount importance and you are to ensure you are working in a clean and safe environment.
· You are to communicate regularly with your supervisor/manager and raise any issues immediately that need actioning or resolving.
· Company clothing must be worn at all times during the working shift and where applicable the relevant PPE must also be worn in the correct manner.
· To ensure a Dynamic Risk Assessment form is completed prior to works being started on any machinery/equipment and to pass the completed form to the Maintenance Manager for filing.
· To effectively participate in all engineering activities, at all times adopting and encouraging an open, positive and constructive approach, promoting a culture in which continuous improvement is sought and achieved.
· To develop and maintain a clear and consistent level of communication through pro-actively talking to all Supervisors and Machine Operators in the Manufacturing & Waste Departments.
· To work with the Maintenance Supervisor to plan and implement appropriate working patterns to provide efficient support to production shifts and the successful conduct of shutdown periods and major project work.
· To ensure high levels of engineering standards are adopted and maintained in the Manufacturing & Waste Departments.
· To help with the development of internal procedures (preventative maintenance) to ensure good maintenance practices are achieved through accurate recordings of machine history.
· To maintain the T Card system and the logging of all maintenance activities and stock movements.
· To understand all downtime figures and to work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor / Maintenance Manager to look at ways of improving plant utilisation.
· To ensure breakdowns are repaired as promptly as possible to minimise machine downtime leading to improved production results.
· To take an active role in monitoring downtime results and investigate and eradicate areas of concern.
· To assist with the ordering and stocking of all machine spares.
Any other responsibilities which may fall in line with your job role:
· The effective and efficient performance of all additional, ad hoc duties which may be designated to the post holder from time to time by the management team in furtherance of the business and its needs.
· Time served Mechanical Fitter to HNC standard or suitably experienced equivalent.
· Understand Health & Safety and Environmental standards.
· Knowledge of how to implement planned preventative maintenance systems and procedures.
· Good technical understanding of high volume production plant and equipment.
· Must be able to fault find and problem solve on reaction to breakdown occurrences.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels within the scope of the role
£42.1k - £44.1k Annual
£34k - £36k Annual
£30k - £45k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual