Control Systems Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
* * Global bespoke machine builder seeks an ambitious and driven Controls Engineer
* * £38,000 - £42,000 + Package
This is an outstanding leader in bespoke automation and special purpose machinery which treads new ground with their unique application of technology and original concepts. They supply into a range of blue-chip companies across many different industries and have been expanding rapidly over the last 2 years, currently have a full order book. Make sure you are the person to make the most of this opportunity.
You will be carrying out a range of PLC, robotics and AC/DC drive software programming and modification work. You will also be considering safety, standards, cost, reliability and ease of manufacturing within your design as well as supporting prototype and machinery builds.
* Provide support to EC&I Engineers & Mechanical Design Engineers with respect to the design of products to
* international and industry standards
* To execute the required duties in accordance with the industries current Good Automated
* Liaise with Mechanical Design Engineers to effect full integration of EC&I requirements into the overall project.
* Attend client meetings as required to expedite the running of the project and ascertain the required
information to fulfil EC&I designs.
* Production of HMI & PLC software and Software Design Specifications where applicable.
* To produce P&ID schematic's to show the extent of the control element of the project using the current
international or company standard symbology.
* To produce the Functional Design Specification for the controls element of projects. In order to explain the
operation of the system and establish a baseline design document when required.
* Compilation of Instrumentation schedules for instruments used on projects
* Compilation of electrical schematics, site cabling detail and termination drawings for the full EC&I element of
the project when required.
* To produce test of protocols and support all Pre-FAT and FAT activities.
You need a solid background in controls software programming from scratch as well as specifying, modifying and programming drives and other associated automation. You will be either an aspiring or existing Controls Engineer with a genuine passion for leading edge controls automation. The company are open on background but a can-do attitude and passion for problem-solving are a must.
* Design of electrical and pneumatic control systems.
* Industrial Machine Controls System Design.
* HMI & PLC programming skills.
* TIA Portal
* Knowledge of standards for safe and hazardous area
* Use of a CAD package for designing electrical circuits
A dynamic and rewarding environment which will challenge and improve your skills and lead to a multitude of career opportunities. You will also be supported via excellent training and development.
If you are interested please apply using the link or call Jamie Rafferty on (phone number removed).
We operate a £250 refer a friend scheme so if you aren't interested then recommend a friend and earn yourself £250! Please enquire for further details.
Alternative Job Titles: PLC Design Engineer, Electrical Designer, Controls Engineer, Electrical CAD Engineer PLC Programmer
£30k - £40k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£38k - £45k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual