IT Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Network Infrastructure Management
* Support the Network Infrastructure Manager in the delivery of IT network services strategy to the published service level agreement.
* Investigate technically complex IT issues (incidents) raised to the service desk and escalated by the second/third line support resources.
* Provide an efficient and technically proficient network service.
* Maintain all network infrastructure with the appropriate firmware and driver versions as per vendor recommendations.
* Communicate regularly through meetings with teams and individuals and provide opportunity for two-way feedback.
* Support the implementation of the Trust’s data security policy and ensure it is communicated to all users.
* Represent IT on project teams, as determined by the Head of IT/IT Operations Manager.
* Adhere to change management policies and actively partake in the request for change process.
* Investigate, resolve and document root causes of IT problems including severity level 1 incidents (system / departmental outages) and performance issues.
* Assist the IT Infrastructure Manager with the development and annual review of IT disaster recovery plans to ensure that the IT network Infrastructure can be recovered in the event of an IT disaster and as part of Trust-wide business continuity planning.
* Take part in the research and development of all elements of the IT Infrastructure – assisting in determining what future technology would be of benefit to the Trust and how it should be implemented.
* Assist with development of processes and procedures to ensure the infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards proactively and robustly on behalf of MFT and its customers.
* Maintain the Network Infrastructure Team’s issue resolution targets and call updates to the service desk software.
* Actively partake in an even share of the IT on call rota.
* Daily organisation of own Network Infrastructure tasks
* Assist in updating and maintaining relevant inventories and CMDB (configuration management database).
* Maintain the Trust’s IT Service Catalogue of clinical and non-clinical systems including maintenance costs, SLA information, primary contact information and general support information.
* Assist in implementing automation strategies to simplify and streamline network tasks.
* Provide support cover for the Network Infrastructure Manager during spells of absence or leave.
We endeavour to reply to all applications, however, if you haven`t heard from us within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by Grafters Recruitment Consultants / Grafters Accountancy Personnel
£21k - £23k Annual
£30k - £38k Annual
£18k - £20k Annual
£24k - £25k Annual