Senior Legal Cashier
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Monday - Friday 9-5
up to £28,000 per annum
Reports to Head of Accounts
My client is currently looking for a highly experienced Senior Legal Cashier.
You must have experience with property/re-mortgage/litigation within a law firm. Previous Legal Cashier experience is essential and the individual should have knowledge of solicitor’s accounts rules.
The Senior Legal Cashier role will be to handle all day to day cashiering so previous experience is essential.
* Bank reconciliations (client and office account)
* Processing settlements and cheques
* Checking and posting transactions/invoices/bills
* Posting money received
* Bill requests, posting the bills, running the bills and payments
* Purchase Ledger, posting to the system, making the invoice payments
* EDPQ/DOP Payments
* Credit card payments, raising the bills, transferring the monies over
* Client monitoring
* Bac payments, identifying posted/paid
* Uploading funds to the matters outstanding spreadsheet
* Checking bank account from rejected payments, shortfalls, amendments monies and advances
* Uploading monies to SOS
* Uploading payments and exporting to the relevant areas
* Uploading rescheduled payments and exporting to the relevant areas
* Chase outstanding invoices by email attaching copy of the outstanding invoices.
* Keeping records of client’s banking details, contact details etc.
* Deal with queries from clients and respond within a timely manner.
* Daily reconciling and posting of the land registry account
* Working to ensure SRA compliance
* Dealing with adhoc duties as and when they arise
* Month end reporting
The individual must be comfortable working in a high volume transaction environment and be able to adhere to deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Highly numerate with keen attention to detail
* Thorough knowledge of Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
* Strong background within legal accounting
* Delivering consistently and with accuracy to deadlines
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with high volumes of work
* Confident, polite telephone manner
* Tactful and diplomatic when under pressure
* SOS experience preferred
* Ability to work alone or in a team under supervision maintaining good working relationships with colleagues at all times
* Familiar with online banking services
If you feel you have the relevant experience and want to be considered for this role, please send us your most up to date CV via the 'apply' button to be considered.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates
£18k - £26k Annual
£48k - £48k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual