MIS Support Consultant
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
We have a reputation of delivering a high level of customer service and assisting schools and Academies with developing their use and knowledge of Sims. We are the only support team in the North West that support the new Sims Finance products.
We are delighted to have an opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced MIS Support Consultant. The position is available from 1st September 2019, full time with the option of term time as well. We would welcome MIS Consultants from existing Support Units or experienced High or Primary school staff, looking to use their skills in a different environment.
The successful applicant will be a highly committed individual who has excellent communication skills and the ability to provide an exceptional level of customer service whilst on helpdesk and whilst delivering training and consultancy.
It is expected that applicants would have experience and understanding in the following areas:
Sims Core, Attendance, Reporting, and Behaviour. Experience of dealing with Personnel 7, School Census, School Workforce Census and End of Year procedures would also be an advantage.
Training will be provided for the successful candidate, as required, but it is important to have the ability to learn independently.
The successful applicants should have a full clean UK driving license with access to a vehicle, as there will be on site training and consultancy requested by our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Provide MIS Support to schools through Telephone, Remote Support, and Service Desk functions
• Log and update Service Desk calls, update customers and escalate calls where necessary either internally or with software suppliers
• Excellent communication skills and be able to deliver high quality support, training and Consultancy to customers across a range of MIS modules
• Advise and guide schools on school improvements and processes whilst promoting effective use of the schools MIS System
• Play a full role in the co-ordination, implementation, production and delivery of MIS training programmes using a variety of techniques including formal training delivery, seminars, on-site training and webinar sessions
• Maintain and develop high quality support resources including user guides, training materials documentation and “how to” videos
• Support schools in their completion of their Statutory Returns to the DfE.
• Test and implement new MIS products and upgrades
• Help schools to realise the full potential of their chosen MIS by providing advice and guidance on any supported MIS systems e.g. SIMS, Bromcom, Arbor etc
• Maintain the content of Pennine Education website and Pennine Education First Class Portal
• Assist with relevant Administration tasks and other tasks as appropriate to the position
1. 37.5 Hours per week
2. Salary Range £23,000 – £27,500 dependent on experience and pro-rated if Term Time only.
3. 23 Annual Days Holiday, pro-rated if Term Time only.
4. Pension Scheme
This role is be subject to references and an enhanced DBS check
£24k - £28k Annual
£26k - £29k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£34.5k - £34.5k Annual