Supervisor - Test
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Accomplish test staff results through planning, monitoring and communicating job expectations; appraising job results; coaching, counselling and disciplining team members; coordinating, initiating and enforcing company systems, procedures and policies.
Oversee the Test team to ensure that the correct parts are being tested, in accordance with quality standards and in a timely fashion. Monitor that correct procedures and processes are followed.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Liaise with the Production Planner and Production Manager regarding work priorities and report any issues arising in the work throughput.
• Liaise with the Sales Managers to apprise of any delays or issues with workflow required to complete orders for dispatch.
• Ensure all team members comply with the company’s Health and Safety policy and procedure, and work in a manner that is safe for both themselves and their colleagues, reporting all potential hazards, near misses and incidents to their line manager.
• Allocate of work and tasks to the Test team, in order of priority.
• Ensure that the factory production schedules are kept up to date.
• Liaise with Quality and Assembly team with regard to testing and product failures.
• Through supervision, instruction and training, ensure all staff are capable of fulfilling the jobs assigned to them.
• Check work in progress, keeping an eye on quality and assist staff where help is needed.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the department.
• Other duties as and when required by the business.
Required experience, skill and knowledge
• Previous experience of working within a similar Test role is essential and from within a similar electro-mechanical manufacturing environment would be desirable.
• Proven supervisory experience, able to motivate and deliver through others is essential.
• Supervisor training or qualification would be beneficial.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide constructive feedback.
• Good computer skills, in particular working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
• Ability to work on own initiative but as part of a team.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
£37k - £37k Annual
£39k - £45k Annual
£11.7 - £12.5 Hourly
£9.5 - £10 Hourly