Multi Skilled Engineer (17th Edition)
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
The ideal candidates will have previous experience/understanding of working within a FMCG position previously or within a food manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of electrical distribution systems and machine controls desirebale
City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Systems or NVQ Level 3 minimum OR ONC/HNC BTEC in Electrical/Electronics would be a distinct advantage
Time-Served Multi-Skilled Apprenticeship
17th Edition Wiring Regulations
To conduct Total Preventative Maintenance to site plant, machinery and buildings. Provide diagnostic skills to establish root cause of plant/machinery failure, subsequent rectification and process improvements across all skill areas.
1. Responsible for maintenance for all site plant, machinery and buildings in line with required
standards through effective application of the Total Preventative Maintenance system.
2. Ensure that all breakdowns/repairs relating to plant and equipment are repaired swiftly and
effectively to minimise production downtime. Advise Engineering and Production Team Leader
of any shortcomings with the equipment after the work has been completed.
3. Provide practical solutions to improve the safety and effectiveness of machinery to maximise
4. Identify potential continuous improvements with regards to process equipment and highlight them
to the Engineering Manager and Self Managed Teams.
5. Liaise with Stores Administrator regarding stock replenishment and investigating any abnormalities
with regards persistent replacement of parts to a particular machine. Evaluate solutions and
6. Accurately record all maintenance work carried out in line with Customer and BRC standards – clearly
record corrective actions taken and report any ongoing issues not resolved to the Engineering
7. Responsible for the Installation and movement of machinery and related plant; commission and
hand over to Production ensuring all relevant standards, regulations are met and the efficiency of
Production is not affected.
8. Work in a safe manner, and ensure that no work is carried out which is beyond skill and
competence which could result in a risk to self and others. Adhere to all company health & safety
rules, procedures and COSHH regulations.
9. Promote teamwork through commitment, flexibility and clear communication.
10. Liaise with contractors to ensure compliance of site rules and monitor contractors performance
advising Engineering Manager of any shortfalls.
11. Mentor Engineering Apprentices in Total Preventative Maintenance, passing on knowledge, skills,
techniques and giving feedback to Apprentice and Engineering Manager.
12. Support and deputise Engineering Manager with other reasonable additional duties as assigned.
Please contact Victoria Griffiths on: (phone number removed) or email your updated CV to
£26k - £28k Annual
£26k - £28k Annual
£20k - £23k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual