Embedded Software Engineer – Lighting Intelligence
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary guide - Will discuss but negotiable dependant on experience plus excellent benefits
Location – Dartford, Kent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with my client for a Software Engineer who specialises in Cloud based platform technology.
My client has been established for over 90 years and has a fantastic reputation across Europe for innovation and product development in the energy efficient intelligent lighting sector. With a real enthusiasm on their people’s progression and development, they now need someone who is career minded and has a similar ethos. For the right person, this could be an amazing opportunity to take the next step in your career.
They are now looking for a software engineer to join their embedded products team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of embedded software.
Are you an embedded C software developer who can bare metal program on custom hardware? Are you looking for an end-to-end software role where you get to see your work go to market? If you are interested in working with small but powerful microcontrollers or the latest Bluetooth MESH standard then this could very well be the role you have been looking for.
Does this sound like a role for you? If so, we need to talk. Call Mark Clark on (phone number removed) today.
- Participate in the product definition and specification of features and break these down into work tasks, for estimation, monitoring and reporting progress
- Full software life-cycle design - analysis, design, implementation, test, release & defects
- Using toolchains to manage code, build images and test and debug on hardware target platforms with tools such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers
- Ensure designs are documented to a high standard
- Maintenance of software; Defects recording, tracking and resolution
- Writing unit tests (automation), integration testing in a DevOps environment
- From 1-3 years for Junior, 3-7+ years for Senior, of software development on embedded platforms
- Proficient coding in C- other languages such as C# and Python would be an advantage
- Use of GIT based source code control
- A good understanding of the development principles for heavily embedded, resource constrained platforms
- The ability to read electronic design documentation (schematics, assembly drawings) and understand the function of common electronic circuits
- Experience in embedded software development on popular micro-controllers such as Arm Cortex-M core
- Experience in BLE wireless development is a bonus
- A team player, working closely within a multi-disciplined team to create intelligent edge devices to integrate with the company’s lighting intelligence platform
- Strong sense of urgency, and ability to work with minimal supervision managing and prioritizing multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
The successful candidate must be able to clearly demonstrate their fit with the role and will be able to prove their competence and past experience by a combination of evidence and example.
This role is very much about design and implementation so you must have a track record of success in working in this way. As well as this, my client are looking for someone who is passionate about their role, a team player and someone who is open to try new things and think outside the box.
In return, you can expect to receive a generous package, not just a competitive salary and company bonus scheme but also a variety of benefits that will show you that this could well be the role and company you have been looking for.
If you feel you have the skills and ability to perform this role for a growing and dynamic company then send in your CV or call (phone number removed)
£30k - £40k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£36k - £36k Annual