Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
The post holder will required to manage, co-ordinate and write larger maintenance tenders, generally in excess of £3 Million per annum. The Bid Manager will form part of Mears Tier 2 team reporting to the Group Commercial Director.
You will have the following experience, knowledge
• Proven track record in managing bids
• Proven experience in writing high quality method statements
• Experience of liaising with teams (particularly operators) in order to develop deliverable solutions
• Competency in MS Office software
• The ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to articulate Mears USPs to clients
• Ability to maintain a flexible attitude to work task and workload to ensure tender deadlines are achieved
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
• Ability to work on own initiative Project management
Overall bid project management responsibilities includes:
· Early understanding of the full tender and submission requirements
· Close identification and liaison with senior operators and central team leads to gain buy-in from the outset
· Managing an initial bid kick-off meeting and/or storyboard session with the project team
· Setting out input requirements and agreeing challenging but realistic deadlines (in line with project timescales)
· Maintaining a detailed ‘project planner’ (or similar) setting out the key deadlines for input, first/second drafts, reviews and feedback
· Ensuring all relevant parties are engaged with and kept up to date throughout the process
· Managing the timely contribution of those providing operational solutions, departmental information and general input
· Overall responsibility for high quality and compliant bid submission within relevant timescales
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, that's why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistant Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
If this job is of interest to you, then we would love to hear from you! Follow the application process to begin your opportunity working for a company that puts their community at heart