2nd Line IT support engineer required
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Due to an expansion, the business are looking for a well-rounded 2nd line Support engineer to help provide a high level of IT solutions to their vast client base, for this role you will need a minimum of 3 years experience.
The job could involve dealing with all levels of support but we are looking for someone who can own and manage a customers requirement, whether it be a simple support issue or a detailed project.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
* Answering the incoming helpdesk calls that are logged via email, telephone and in person
* Investigating and resolving the logged helpdesk calls, escalating where needed
* Providing Telephone and / or Remote Support to solve customer problems/requests
* Visiting customer sites to install PCs, Laptops, software and upgrades as well as solve problems, providing technical advice and consultancy using best practices
* The ability to have a commercial understanding on what clients want and need
* Working on new projects, building systems in the office for remote and on-site setup
* Proven experience in installing & configuring & supporting Windows 7, Windows 10
* Supporting PCs/Laptops/Tablets in a Windows Domain environment
* Supporting & Administration of Windows Active Directory & Group Policies
* Supporting Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 / 2016
* Supporting & Administration of Office 365 & Outlook Users
* Ability to rebuild workstations, laptops
* Installation of general PC / Network based software, Office, Sage/Adobe etc.
* Android/IOS/MDM technology
* Windows WSUS, WDS, Remote Desktop Services, Azure VMs
* Cabling; Cat5e, Patching & Terminating
* Able to use remote support tools such as RDP, Teamviewer and Logmein
* Ability to understand IP networks and debugging of network problems
* Experienced to understand networks & configure Sonicwall or similar Firewalls
* Able to configure ADSL Routers, WIFI Access Points, NAS Boxes, Network Printers, Scanners
* Detailed understanding of Switch configurations including VLAN, Routing
* Avaya IP Office, DECT, Analog Telephone system & Wiring Experience
* Experienced with Audio Visual products such as SMART TVs, projectors, IP Video walls, Switches, AV receivers, Sonos Music systems.
Due to the nature of the company, experience within a managed service provider will be required
£30k - £33k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£150 - £200 Daily