Posted on Jun 7, 2019 by CV-Library
This strategic position will play a vital role in the growth of a hi-tech engineering organisation who are pushing the boundaries of technology within their niche sector. Based at their state-of-the-art design and manufacturing facility you will work closely with the Head of Procurement whilst mentoring and developing other members of the team.
You will be responsible for the procurement of goods with a mechanical, electronics and optics focus, driving forward stakeholder relationships and negotiating at the highest level. The position will be based in Southampton but you will also support manufacturing locations at another UK and European site so you may be required to travel on occasion.
Some other areas of responsibility will include:
- Developing and negotiating supplier agreements and establishing commodity strategies that align to ambitious company objectives.
- Support new product development and introduction.
- Manage key supplier relationships and provide commercial leadership to internal team members.
For this role we are looking for:
- Commodity management experience working within a hi-tech design and manufacturing environment.
- A strategic approach to procurement with strong financial acumen.
- Ideally a degree or CIPS qualified would be desirable
£40k - £42k Annual
£40k - £47k Annual