Digital Business Analyst
Posted on Jun 7, 2019 by CV-Library
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the role:
As our Digital Business Analyst your key purpose is to support the development of our digital platform, to identify requirements, translate into user stories and communicate these for implementation. You will also ensure that the web platform meets the needs of users and key stakeholders to meet our strategic goals.
What you will be doing as our Digital Business Analyst:
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to produce business user requirements, functional specifications and business cases.
- Translate business requirements into clear documented user stories.
- Support the build, test, training and deployment project processes, making sure that the business requirements are delivered and the solution will be fit for purpose.
- Facilitate the prioritisation of user stories based on delivering optimum benefit to the organisation and our members.
- Facilitate and run workshops, build strong relationships and inspire confidence through your ability to understand the business, its problems and its aspirations.
- Develop clear requirement specifications, ensuring that all business and systems needs are identified clearly and unambiguously, with detailed consideration for all project and technical dependencies and risks.
- Carry out data analysis by identifying sources, gap analysis and requirements for migration and integration to existing systems.
- Assisting with the estimation of timescales, resources and planning to successfully deliver a project.
- Work with business project managers to produce user guides in support of new system development, as well as workflows for ongoing management and support establish credible relationships with business stakeholders.
- Work with other members of the BA team to provide peer quality assurance of all output.
What we can offer you as our Digital Business Analyst:
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays. This increases to 28 days after two years of service and 32 days after five years of service.
- Additional Holidays: We operate an office closure during the Christmas and New Year holiday period providing up to an additional 3 days of extra leave.
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free car parking
- Minibus Service (Gilwell Park)
What we are looking for in our Digital Business Analyst:
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to understand, interpret, present and challenge technical and/or complex information to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with teams and customers with technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Good facilitation and influencing skills with the ability to work with large groups of customers of varying level of seniority from user to board level.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking, working to emerging and tight timelines.
- Coaching and developing our people in agile best practise.
- The ability to adhere to recognised project methodologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience (Essential)
- Formal Business Analysis Qualification (Desirable)
- Agile qualification (Desirable)
- A track record of working on digital programmes with demonstrable experience of working on a variety of different delivery projects.
- Experience working with stakeholders and business users from the customer to elicit, capture, analyse, refine, communicate and document their requirements.
- Experience of working with a recognised Agile or Iterative development methodology (e.g. Scrum, XP, DSDM)
- Exposure to a digital systems such as CRM, CMS, Mobile Apps and Social Media.
- Experience of a variety of requirements elicitation techniques, (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, role playing and prototyping)
- Experience of the full project lifecycle and a good understanding of project roles and activities (technical and non-technical) required for successful delivery
- Experience of Agile documentation including Backlogs, Customer Journeys, Use Cases, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria etc.
- Good knowledge of content management solutions.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: 20th June 2019
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our Digital Business Analyst
£375 - £425 Daily
£40k - £45k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£0 - £47k Annual
£65k - £70k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£60k - £60k Annual