Injection Moulding Setter
Posted on Jun 6, 2019 by CV-Library
An opportunity has arisen for an Injection Moulding Setter to join the team at Linton Plastic Moulders based in Sudbury, Suffolk. To ensure the smooth running of the production process and guarantee that all products are produced to the stated specifications. Responsible for targets and deadlines to enable order deadlines to be met. To ensure that all employees comply with the company’s Health and Safety procedures.
* To set the correct tool into the moulding machine as required by the LPMRC Job Card, using clamps, bolts and hand tools as necessary.
* To set machine controls to regulate temperature, moulding pressure and cycle time according to the specification/procedures for each job card
* To ensure the correct raw materials are added to the hopper and then commence production.
* To remove First Off for each job and take to the Administrator with the Job Card for processing and issue of correct raw materials.
* To be responsible for ensuring that the machine operator is aware of the necessary work required of them for the correct quality of the finished product.
* When the job is finished to remove the Last Off and store with the tooling in the correct racking. Give the completed job card to the administrator for completion.
* To carry out all repairs and maintenance as required throughout the shift.
* To liaise with the General Manager to ensure smooth running of the shop floor and organisation of the work schedule.
* To report any problems, breakdowns, staffing issues etc. to the General Manager or Administrator in a timely fashion.
* To ensure that all machines are set and ready to run for the Operators to commence their shift.
* To ensure that each operator is completely aware of all aspects of the work they are given to do and understand the importance of Quality checking and hourly checking procedures.
* To ensure that all product is correctly labelled and identifiable including anything in the regrind room.
* To ensure that good housekeeping is maintained at all times.
* Experience working on the following injection moulding machines would be an advantage: Sandretto, Boy, Arburg, Negri Bossi, Sarac and Auto Model 140.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to plan and organise within strict deadlines
* Excellent team worker, with the ability and self-discipline to work alone effectively
* Positive approach to production support and customer service
* Highly driven and self-motivated
* Maintains a professional attitude, keeps calm and controlled
* Confident working in a demanding and pressurised environment
* Adaptable and flexible in approach to change
* Proactive decision making and problem solving skills
* Ability to use conceptual thinking and awareness to generate new ideas
This is a permanent role, working on a two week shift rota:
Week 1: 05:00am - 2:30pm Monday to Friday inclusive, with a 30-minute lunch break daily
Week 2: 1:30pm - 11.00pm Monday to Friday with a 30-minute lunch break daily.
The salary for this role will be dependant on the successful candidates’ previous skills and experience.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.
£12.1 - £12.1 Hourly
£22k - £24k Annual
£34k - £36.5k Annual
£22.5k - £26k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual
£12.1 - £14.9 Hourly
£12 - £13 Hourly
£27k - £30k Annual