Posted on Jun 6, 2019 by Smart Recruit Online
The best feeling in the world? Making a difference to somebody's life.
Can you imagine having a career in care where you spend a minimum of one hour with the people you support and often more? either part time or full time.
We're looking for friendly, reliable people who are driven to provide the best quality of support to both children and adults. You will need to be experienced at working in a care setting, with a Health & Social Care qualification of L3 or above.
Being a Care Worker is about doing small things that make a big difference in an individual's life.
We are a caring charity with flexible and rewarding opportunities for you to help people to achieve their personal goals and remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible. In return we offer great progression opportunities and regular, ongoing support
We offer flexible and rewarding opportunities for you to care for people of all ages in their own homes and out in the community across all areas of Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk.
You will need a driving licence and a good heart, we can train the rest.
As a Care Worker, you will work to an individual's care plan, and will
- Deliver proper care support through one-hour minimum calls to regular customers
- Provide high quality, individually tailered support to people with care needs and their families
- Provide personal and social care, respecting confidentiality and promoting independence
- Provide support to help people achieve personal goals and positive outcomes.
You will need to be able to adapt your practice, within guidelines, to suit the individuals you support. Personal and social care tasks that you may be asked to do include:
- Bathing and support with personal care
- Assistance with dressing, mobility, getting up and going to bed, appliances and eating
- Administration of medication
- Occasional assistance with therapeutic programmes for rehabilitation and development as agreed with clinical professionals
- Ensuring a safe environment in accordance with Company policies, for example, our Health and Safety Policy.
- Taking people out and about in your car, for example, to go shopping
So what do you get?
- £9.50-12.50 per hour
- Potential for career progression in a variety of ways
- An opportunity to experience working in a charity that makes caring rewarding
- Development opportunities and training
- Ongoing support
- Excellent travel, mileage expenses and fuel card
- Paid holiday
- Company phone
- The opportunity to get involved in our Staff Forum
- Refer a friend scheme
- Pension scheme
Care Worker | Support Worker | Care | Support | Customer Service | Planning | Social | Management | Administration | MedicineBenefits
Ongoing support, career development opportunities across the charity.Info
Hourly rate based on L3 qualification: £9.50 weekdays; £11.00 weekday evenings; £12.50 weekends & BH.Essential Skills
Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk does not discriminate. We are interested in your skills, your talent, your potential and nothing else. You will need to have previous experience of working with people and listening to others.Desired Skills
- Personal experience of caring in a family setting
- Experienced at working in a care setting, with a Health & Social Care qualification of L3 or above.
- Ability to promote Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk
Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life.
Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, advice and guidance to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities for people to take a break from their caring role.
Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Join an exciting charity that makes caring rewarding.Essential Requirements
Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk does not discriminate. We are interested in your skills, your talent, your potential and nothing else. You will need to have previous experience of working with people and listening to others.