IT Support Technician
Posted on Jun 5, 2019 by CV-Library
A national restaurant group are seeking a calm and knowledge IT Support Technician who approaches support with empathy and guidance; is this you?
Due to our client’s continued expansion and success, an amazing opportunity has become available for an IT Support Technician. This role is based on their Helpdesk at their Head Office.
Working within the premium casual drinking and dining market in the UK, the group has a varied and diverse portfolio of restaurants and bars across the UK. This is a very exciting time for the group, which means it would be a very exciting time for you to join.
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the IT Support Technician is to provide first line support for all sites, operational staff and head office. The IT Support Technician is responsible for recording, responding to and resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, in person and self-service. The role is an office based role, with occasional site visits as appropriate.
* To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, across a range of software applications and services.
* To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
* To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to the appropriate channels, where necessary.
* To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
* To configure and install new IT equipment and software.
* To resolve incidents and update/upgrade different types of software and hardware.
* To maintain data configurations across the relevant systems.
* To deal with: computers, laptops, printers, smartphones, EPOS systems, operating systems, application software, SaaS systems, as well as dealing with 3rd party hardware, EPOS, telecoms, SaaS and software suppliers.
* To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all requests are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
* Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
* Exhibit a flexible approach to working and provide necessary cover where needed.
* To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
* To undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
What we’re looking for in you:
* At least 3 years experience in a Help Desk role
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Excellent organisation skills
* Task management skills
What the client can offer you:
* A fun, passionate and energetic management team to motivate and inspire you while we have fun
* Great opportunity to join the company at an exciting time as its expands, giving opportunities for personal development
* Competitive salary
* Opportunity to get involved in branding evolution
* Trips, days out and other incentives
* Company pension scheme
* 28 days holiday entitlement (pro-rated)
* Childcare vouchers
* 50% off your food bill at their restaurants/bars.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruitIT Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation
£20k - £26k Annual
£21k - £24k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£24k - £24k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual
£18k - £25k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£19k - £22k Annual
£16k - £22k Annual
£23k - £25k Annual