Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU/Tele/Med-Surg/ED - Per Diem
Posted on Jun 5, 2019 by The University of Maryland Medical System
Registered Nurse (RN) - Per Diem Supplemental/Per Diem - Rotating Easton, Maryland
We are looking for Operating Room Registered Nurses to join our extraordinary nursing team at University of Maryland Shore Regional Health.
At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
As a Registered Nurse at UM Shore Regional Health, you ll experience:
- The advantages of working for a Magnet designated Medical Center
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Work Life Balance:You ll accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement and a student loan repayment program*
- Demonstrates ability to administer safe, competent nursing care which supports the patient/significant others utilizing the nursing process.
- Direct and indirect activities are incorporated to facilitate this process, both within the unit and interdepartmentally.
- Charge nurse responsibilities may be delegated by the Director, Manager, or Supervisor and requires the application of diverse communication and leadership skills.
- Highly flexible in work assignments.
- The employee in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on the age of the patients served.
- He/she must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient s status, to interpret the appropriate information needed, to identify each patient s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the necessary care as described in the department s policies and procedures.
To be immediately considered for nursing positions with UM Shore Regional Health please contact Luis Contessa at luis. edu with an updated resume.What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing; BSN preferred.
- Current licensure in the State of Maryland or compact state.
- Must meet all applicable federal, state, and local professional requirements.
- Successful completion of Basic Proficiency in Medication Administration Test (NLN) with a passing score of 80% or above.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Completes any required specialty exams and competencies (Two years ICU/CCU experience required).
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, intensive care, maternal, nurse, psychiatric, staff nurse, surgery, surgical, tcu