Senior Civil Engineering Technician
Posted on Jun 5, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplined design consultants, who specialise in complex infrastructure and built environment projects. They deliver projects from cradle-to-grave for clients across the transportation, energy, life sciences and nuclear sectors.
They are currently seeking an experienced Civil & Structural Technician to work within their established design team, based in Salford Quays. The successful applicant will be working on a wide variety of projects within the Pharmaceutical, Defence and Utilities sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief, this includes 3D & BIM.
* Liaise with other members of the team to determine and define the client brief
* Detail and prpare design drawings for Civil & Structural engineering packages in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
* Maintain a knowledge of current issues related to general construction and specifically Civil & Structural guidelines, standards and regulations
* Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
* Assist in the training and development of junior members of the design team
* Review and provide a peer group audit function of the design drawings undertaken by other team members
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate is required to have a proven track record working as part of Civil & Structural design teams, in some of the following market sectors:
* Science and Technology, including Pharmaceutical and Research & Development
* Power sector including sub stations
* Transportation, including rail, underground and Airports
* Public Sector, including Education, Defence, Healthcare, and Law and Order
You will be experienced in the use of the following CAD Platforms & software:
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business