Graduate/ Junior Cyber Security Analyst
Posted on Jun 5, 2019 by CV-Library
The Graduate / Junior Cyber Security Analyst is part of the incident response team and will be responsible for monitoring identifiers and suspect activity that indicates a potential security incident. This will make use of Intrusion Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning tools and Malware Forensics
Graduate/Junior Cyber Security Analyst Requirements:
* A Computer Science degree (or similar)
* 2 years’ experience working in a technical environment (IT department or Electronics Engineering are both appropriate)
* Good attention to detail.
* A genuine interest in technology and technical security.
* An understanding of network analysis tools and an ability to conduct packet capture analysis.
* An awareness of networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS etc. and commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP etc.
* Knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems and methods of security hacking/penetration testing
* An understanding of malware triage and the methods used to determine whether an identified file exhibits potential malicious intent.
* Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, PHP, etc)
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website