Human Resources Manager
Posted on Jun 4, 2019 by Corporate Interiors
The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function by guiding and directing provisions of services, policies, and programs for the entire company. Specifically this position oversees and directs all recruiting, employee relations, benefits administration, and compliance, change management, training programs and payroll. In addition, the HR Manager is responsible for implementing, enforcing and administering federal and state employment regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains handbook on policies, procedures, and company culture.
- Prepares and updates job descriptions in coordination with Management, as necessary.
- Monitors and reviews all offer letters, new hire paperwork and termination paperwork.
- Provides guidance and direction on coaching and counseling.
- Provides assistance and advice on onboarding and career development.
- Coordinates all content for the HR portion of the company intranet site.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures for continual improvements in HR services.
- Coordinates annual re-evaluation of all benefits programs and policies for cost effectiveness; works with brokers to ensure company is offering comprehensive health care and associated benefits that are consistent with expectations.
- Monitors health care benefits to ensure full compliance with the Affordable Care Act.
- Monitors benefits claims as needed with the Broker.
- Ensures mandatory COBRA, HIPAA and other benefits notices are completed.
- Participates in 401k oversight and acts as lead in the annual k audit.
- Coordinates and actively participates in the Open Enrollment process.
- High ethical standards and a strong sense of confidentiality.
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both orally and written) effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Ability to trouble shoot, identify and resolve potential problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detailed working knowledge of HR Laws, Regulations and Compliance practices.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems in human resources applications.
- Superior analytical and thinking capabilities.
- Must be independent, take initiative and self-motivated.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business, required.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification, required.
- Minimum of 6 years Human Resources experience in an exempt, generalist role.
- Masters degree in Human Resources, preferred.
- Prior recruiting or product/service marketing experience, preferred.
CI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. CI does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.