Service Operations Manager
Posted on Jun 3, 2019 by CV-Library
Brewster McBride are working with a profitable and growing Sheffield based engineering business as they look to recruit an experienced Service Manager to oversee both the Service and Operations departments within the business.
The role will involve line management of around 30 staff, including Field Service Engineers, Project Managers and Customer Service Staff and report into the Managing Director.
With a passion for putting customers first, you will develop strong links with customers and field service engineers and build effective platforms to provide a First Class team of skilled service engineers and deliver the highest customer service.
With a proven track record of leading effective front-line services you will drive service improvement and develop change programmes across both Service & Operations functions.
The duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
* Leading the Service & Operations Teams across the business
* Developing the service proposition for the business.
* Ensuring the service proposition is aligned with growth aspirations.
* Supporting and engagement with business growth plans
* Strategic Planning
* Working as an important part of the Senior Management Team.
* Manage and oversee the daily operation of Service Department, including Service desk staff, workload planning, co-ordination of urgent/technical support issues, critical breakdown escalations, service engineer utilisation/deployment, use of sub-contract staff where applicable.
* Accountable for Request for Service workflows and resolution timelines and ensuring maintenance of accurate data in the CRM database
* Ensuring full employee induction, on-boarding, coaching and career development within a performance driven culture
* Optimising the service process in order to improve customer satisfaction
* Drive KPIs through the department and reporting on service KPIs
* Management of internal resource
* Budget management
* Supporting and participation in the implementation, accreditation and on-going assessment of IS0-9001
* Management and utilisation company CRM database
* Working towards operational excellence across both departments
The Service Operations will be able to make decisions on the operational activities of the business and within set strategic goals and follow-through on those decisions.
Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of operations. Lead and manage staff from different departments under their control and provide constructive feedback, direction and guidance in order to maintain the smooth operation of the business.
The business requires someone with strong Service Management experience within an Engineering, Technical or Manufacturing background.
You'll need to have an Engineering based qualification such as an HNC or higher and be able to manage a large team of people.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the senior management team of a growing engineering business with exciting plans over the next few years and a chance to have a major impact how the plans are implemented.
Brewster Partners Engineering is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment
£45k - £55k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual