Charge Registered Nurse ICU
Posted on Jun 1, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Are you an experienced Critical Care Nurse looking for the next step in your career? Ascension All Saints Hospital is hiring for a Charge RN to provide leadership in our ICU at one of the region's largest health systems. This full-time position will work three 12-hour night shifts each week from 7:00pm to 7:30am.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension All Saints has the feel of a community-based hospital, but with it tied to Ascension, you are part of a national network. Ascension All Saints has been proudly serving the community for over 60 years. We are your health care partner, an employer of choice, and a community advocate.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension All Saints, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
What You Will Do
As a Charge Registered Nurse in the ICU with Ascension All Saints, you will lead direct nursing care for patients undergoing life-threatening conditions and post-surgical recovery.
- Coordinate ICU staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care.
- Assign, direct, educate and monitor ICU nursing and support staff during assigned shift.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care plans within the critical care unit and identify any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Note and carry out critical care physician and nursing orders.
- Respond to complaints about patient care in the intensive care unit and manage through established channels.
What You Will Need
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 3 years of experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Department: ICU - Intensive Care Unit
Hours: Full-time, Nights, 36 hours/week
Location: Ascension All Saints Hospital in Racine, WI
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement