Registered Nurse - RN - PACU
Posted on Jun 1, 2019 by Ascension
Registered Nurse - RN Per Diem Tier 2
We are hiring: Are you an experienced PACU Registered Nurse ?
If so, join our amazing PACU team at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
Why Join Ascension?
- Exceptional Reputation: For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes nurses have embodied the spirit and mission of the hospital by providing excellence in nursing practice with quality patient-and-family centered care. With 15 outpatient and 11 inpatient post-anesthesia recovery beds, you'll have the opportunity to provide leadership to a busy unit and join the most skilled nursing professionals in Maryland as part of Saint Agnes Hospital's recovery team.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the next step in your nursing career, we'd like to invite you to take it with us. Join our team of over 800 physicians and 3,000 nurses and associates working in a wide variety of specialties every day to provide the best care in the Baltimore area.
- As a Saint Agnes RN, you will have the opportunity to implement and monitor your patient's care plans, including monitoring, recording and communicating patient conditions as appropriate.
- In your role, you will serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care, along with notating and carrying out physician and nursing orders.
- Towards the end of your patient's hospital stay, you will also assess and coordinate your patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
PACU is comprised of 15 beds in outpatient and 11 beds in inpatient. The Nurses will be crossed trained in both PACU areas.
Tier 2 Requirements:
- 60 Hours in 6 week cycle (5 shifts -12 hour shifts only) Or based on unit specific staffing patterns
- 2 weekend shift per 6 week cycle
- 1 Winter holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Day)
- Day shift
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse . Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland or compact state.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider card) (BLS-HCP).
- Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Required: 18 months of clinical related experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.