Registered Nurse - RN - Per Diem Tier 1- Operating Room
Posted on Jun 1, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
We are hiring: Are you an experienced Operating Room Registered Nurse ?
If so, join our amazing OR team at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
Why Join Ascension?
- Exceptional Reputation: For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes nurses have embodied the spirit and mission of the hospital by providing excellence in nursing practice with quality patient-and-family centered care.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
Registered Nurse - RN - Operating Room, delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Maintains professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Shift & Facility Information:
Our Operating Room is a fast paced environment with 18 rooms and we perform 8 cases a year .We are excited to build/perform Robotic Surgery using the SI and XI. Service Lines are Bariatrics, Ortho, Thoracic, Plastic Surgery, Neuro, General and Vascular.
Tier 1 requirement of 36 hours in a 6 week cycle.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse . Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland or compact state.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider card) (BLS-HCP).
- Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Required: 18 months of clinical related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity