1st Line Support Engineer
Posted on May 31, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client are a well-established firm with a team of around 15 staff, offering IT support and services to great companies across East Anglia. They have a great team and offer real long-term stability and progression for their staff.
Within this busy, fun and sometimes challenging role you’ll be working with a team of experienced 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineers, where there will be initial training for one week as well as continuous on-the-job support and advice from colleagues. Averaging around 20-25 tickets each day, you will be tasked with trying to solve customers’ queries yourself within 45 minutes before escalating to your colleagues. There are lots of opportunities to learn-as-you-go and be mentored by some very knowledgeable industry professionals.
The main duties will involve:
* Answering calls and receiving tickets from customers regarding their IT issues and queries (approx. 20-25 per day). Effectively monitor and manage incoming tickets/alerts on the system
* Dealing with all customers in a professional, polite and friendly manner
* Asking questions to best diagnose their issues and find a fix within a 45 minute window before escalating to a 2nd or 3rd Line Support colleague if necessary
* Actively try to identify reoccurring tickets and implement long-term solutions
* Always ensure client data integrity, monitoring and management of client back-ups
* Remain customer-focused, ensure you are delivering a high standard of service and solid problem-solving skills to manage their needs and expectations at all times
* Work as part of a team and take opportunities to learn as-you-go from your colleagues to develop your own knowledge
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity that would suit IT lovers with a love of solving problems and talking to people, you’ll need the following:
* Some experience in an IT Support role – you might have worked in a similar role for the past few years, or have simply done work experience in an IT team. Whatever your level; you have to be keen to learn!
* Great people skills; able to converse with all kinds of people and have the confidence to ask questions to help find solutions
* An understanding of what makes great Customer Service and a willingness to deliver this
* Occasional flexibility with working hours (if calls over-run etc.)
* Preferably some experience with supporting Microsoft Windows desktops in a domain environment and a basic level of network and server troubleshooting although this is not essential
In return, our client offer a great working environment with a helpful, friendly team and long-term career opportunities as well as a competitive salary. The hours of work for this position are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday and due to our client’s location, applicants will need to have their own transport in order to be considered for the role.
How to Apply
If you’re interested then please apply to Kate Howes through our website or alternatively via CV Library
How We Treat Your Application
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East), as well as Instagram (@horizonsearchandselection) to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news
£18k - £22.5k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual
£142 - £142 Daily
£80 - £100 Daily
£17k - £20k Annual
£24k - £25k Annual
£23k - £26k Annual
£18k - £23k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual
£21k - £25k Annual