DevOps Lead - Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on May 31, 2019 by CV-Library
The successful DevOps Engineer will be a key contributor to the overall solutions provided to support its global mission, define, design, develop, deliver and drive adoption of state of the art processes, automation and technologies to empower software solutions within the DevOps paradigm, enabling continuous productivity and quality improvement. The successful DevOps Engineer will be innovative and self-motivated and responsible for the design, implementation and adoption of the processes and automation.
You will act as a thought leader to identify, design and implement DevOps frameworks and automation to be used across an extensive and diverse range of products, act as a change agent to drive change in the organisation by actively engaging product development and software delivery functions to achieve their DevOps strategy. You will own the full development cycle of innovative solutions which leverage contemporary technologies, ensure engineering discipline within an agile environment, consistent with engineering policies and procedures, to produce the required deliverables with high quality on time and within budget.
Key skills & Technologies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
• Strong experience in software project engineering or software product development roles relative to design, build, test and deploy.
• Previous experience using DevOps related tools such as Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Ansible, AWS.
• Strong understanding of CI and CD process, toolsets and supporting infrastructure
• Strong culture and initial experience in DevOps and Agile Development methodologies
• Strong understanding of and experience in different scripting languages and file formats like Python, Bash, Powershell, Groovy, JSON, YAML, or equivalent
• Solid understanding of and experience in cloud computing platforms (AWS or Azure), Virtualisation and Containerisation
• Strong understanding of development and delivery lifecycles in particular the importance of the role of Test Automation
• You will be technically astute with analytical ability