School Speech Language Pathologist - CFY
Posted on May 31, 2019 by Supplemental Health Care
Location: Spanaway, WA
Ages: K-12th grade
Schedule: 37.5 hours per week, early release & late starts available
Length: Entire 2019-20 school year (PTO plans available)
Pay Rate: Up to $36.00 per hour
Notes: The SLP-CFY does not need to have their own Supervisor, but if they do they would move to the front of the line.
General Duties for this position as a School Speech Language Pathologist:
- The SLP's goal is to remediate, improve, or alleviate communication and swallowing problems to help students achieve their maximum potential in learning, social, prevocational/vocational, and recreational activities.
- The school-based Speech-Language Pathologist's (SLP) focus is the communication abilities of students.
- Provides and directs speech-language services to children ages 0-11 in a variety of early intervention and educational settings.
Essential Functions for the school-based Speech-Language Pathologist:
- Provides pre-referral consultations and contribute to initiatives including Response to Intervention (RtI).
- Implements and conducts speech-language therapy treatment to meet goals and objectives in the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP), the Individual Educational Plan (IEP), the Individual Transition Plan (ITP), or 504 Plan.
- Identify whether students who fail their screening should be referred for a speech-language evaluation.
- Instructs student, family, and staff in appropriate speech-language procedures or home program to allow carryover of therapeutic remediation and goals in daily activities.
- Presents speech-language assessment results at team meetings.
Supplemental Health Care prides itself in offering industry-leading benefits catered to any situation including Health care, option for year-round compensation, Share the Care referral program and a 24/7 approach to customer service.
Interested Speech-Language Pathologists can call or text Jim Burris at for immediate consideration.