Business Development Manager / Senior Sales Executive
Posted on May 30, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000, depending on experience
Position: Full Time, Permanent (42.5 hours)
Are you currently frustrated with the sales environment that you are in, not able to reach your targets?
Would you like to work for a company that has had year on year sales growth with plenty of opportunity for you to contribute to future growth?
If the answer to both of the above is ‘YES’ then we may very well have the job for you!
Established in 1919, The Company have for the last 100 years provided an unrivalled, nationwide delivery of Red Diesel using their own fleet of vehicles tracked with the latest technology to ensure first class customer service. Their range of products has now extended to Kerosene, oils and lubricants and the innovative FuelBox for commercial, plant machinery, agricultural and marine applications with further products being launched shortly.
They are looking for an experienced sales person with a proven sales track record to join their company – previous experience of selling fuel is not necessary and in fact they would be especially interested in speaking to people from the property, home improvement or car sales industries.
* Identify, pursue and obtain new business opportunities through independent activity and working closely with the Telesales team
* Retain and increase sales within existing the customer base through working with the commercial and sales teams focusing on the Top 10 customers across all product lines
* Establish and maintain strong customer relationships through regular contact and meetings to make us the first choice for their requirements
* Develop relationships and profitable new business opportunities closing sales to meet targets
* Oversee the implementation of key or bespoke customer proposals
* Prepare project and new initiative papers and present these to the Directors
* With the Directors formulate a sales strategy and cost models for development opportunities
* To ensure a business wide best practice, and knowledge sharing culture is actively embraced
* Recording of visits, telephone calls and written communications as required
* Issuing quotations in a timely and efficient manner
* Pricing and supplying information for quotation/tender submissions
* Attending and representing the company at selected exhibitions and conferences
* Undertake any reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
* Experience of B2C and B2B sales in a target driven environment with a consistent and proven track record is essential
* Fuel industry experience is not essential and sales experience in cars, home improvements or property would be interesting
* Results driven and thrives on a challenge
* A 'can do' attitude
* A proven ability to develop and maintain a robust pipeline, and an understanding of managing the stages appropriately in order to meet customers’ needs through adapted solutions, influence business and convert
* Successful record of consistently exceeding sales targets
* Strong influencing and interpersonal skills with proven ability to quickly build relationships with new customers. Articulate, innovative and challenging mind-set with strong collaborative style
* A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and the ability to multi-task
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Commercially aware and takes pride in the quality and standard of their work
* Excellent PC literacy with an advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint and a working knowledge of Excel
What’s on offer?
* A convenient work location next to Harlow train station
* Pension scheme
* 20 days holiday (which accumulates with each year of service) plus 8 days public holiday
* A friendly and welcoming work environment offering Summer and Christmas social events
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Lead Generation Specialist, Sales Person, Business Development Executive, Telesales, B2B, Sales Development, Experienced Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Internal Sales Person, New Business Executive, Field sales Key Sales, Sales Specialist, BDM, Lead Development Executive, Account Development, Technical Sales may be considered for this role
£20k - £25k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual