Software / Process Safety Support Engineer
Posted on May 30, 2019 by CV-Library
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will posses a bias towards Electrical Engineering but with good Mechanical knowledge and also Pneumatics. The role will encompass Installations, Repairs, Planned Maintenance, Reactive Maintenance and Corrective actions.
• To provide support to the production process across site in the upkeep, development and repair of PLC operating systems and associated software.
• To ensure that all assets and services are maintained to a standard in keeping with business targets.
• To provide support and development to the business in regards to safety process operations on a COMAH and DSEAR registered site.
• To have an in depth working knowledge of PLC systems and associated equipment.
• To be able repair / modify / upgrade systems.
• To provide, maintain and develop all levels of documentation relating to the systems.
• Monitor and maximise the various systems performance.
• Develop and execute project plans.
• Engage with different departments within the business to provide ongoing process safety and promote best practices
• A good knowledge of electrical installations and of networking systems.
• To undertake site service electrical/mechanical maintenance duties effectively and efficiently therefore maximising output and enabling the production schedules to be achieved.
• GCSE / A Levels or equivalent.
• Apprentice trained or equivalent.
• Experience using relevant tool suites.
• Hands on experience of programming and fault diagnostic techniques.
• Experience of COMAH and DSEAR regulations.
• Previous Mechanical and/or Electrical Work Experience.
• Ability to diagnose faults to route cause.
• Experience of working to ISO9001 and IS04002.
• Knowledge and experience of TQM, JIT and continuous improvement techniques.
• Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems.
• Knowledge, effective use and development of PPM systems.
• Knowledge of reports based on techniques such as pereto analysis etc.
• An understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
Excellent salary on offer and wider career opportunities and development across the business. For a more detailed job specification please get in touch