Assistant Civil Engineer
Posted on May 30, 2019 by CV-Library
Duties and Responsibilities:
The principal duties of this temporary appointment is as follows:
* Support Project Managers and other project team staff in providing a full design and delivery service of their individual projects
* Ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the agreed quality.
* Ensure that tasks are completed within the allocated time.
* Provide an efficient and quality service to Client Services.
* Ensure compliance with Council Policies and Procedure including Financial Regulations and Contract Procedure Rules (CPR’S).
* Completion of Council Confidentially, Declaration of Interest and IT Policy forms.
* Be aware of project budgets for their individual projects and manage time and costs accordingly.
* Ensure that Consultancy Quality Management Procedures are followed and that all project data is filed in the appropriate electronic project folder.
* Ensure compliance with all health and safety policies and procedures relating to the Consultancy.
* To be an active participant in supporting the Council’s Equality policies and in representing the Council during contact with its local members, residents and other stakeholders.
* This person will be required to take responsibility for delivering smaller projects from inception through to completion and engaging with Client Services to deliver projects.
* A good knowledge of designing civil engineering and construction projects will be required, together with experience of preparing contract documents and tender drawings using AutoCAD. A good knowledge of the NEC contract will also be extremely advantageous.
* The role is required to support Project Managers whilst permanent vacancies within Consultancy are being advertised and filled.
* The Council is moving towards an Agile Working environment and this may mean that work stations will not be permanent.
* HNC/HND standard qualification or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
* Professional qualification (or working towards) in a relevant discipline.
* Understanding of NEC3/4 Forms of Contract and their use.
* Knowledge and understanding of Construction Management methods, technologies and practices.
* Experience of delivering high quality work – drawings, specifications, tender documents, reports etc.
* Knowledge of the regulatory framework in relation to the construction and engineering industry
* Good project management skills, including setting clear objectives and priorities as well as realistic timescales and outputs, and managing performance against these parameters.
* Working knowledge of project management methodology such as PRINCE 2
* Good IT skills in the use of MS Office including Word,
* Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to use AutoCAD or be able to direct support staff to produce technical drawings.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business
£25k - £33k Annual
£27k - £30k Annual
£23k - £28k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual