AV/IT Service Technician
Posted on May 30, 2019 by CV-Library
This is an opportunity to work for a leading Audio Visual Integrator as a Service Technician in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for visiting client sites, inspecting, diagnosing and repairing AV/IT systems including:
- Presentation systems,
- Digital Signage Systems,
- Video Conference systems
- RichMedia (streaming) systems.
- Fault finding rectification of AV/IT systems at client sites
- Providing remote assistance and onsite technical support for clients
- Completion of service reports and reporting job status to line manager
- Offsite rack building of AV/IT systems when not performing service calls
- Travelling to / from client sites as required
- Assisting with technical implementation / commissioning of new systems at client sites
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on installed systems at client sites
This is a client facing role and as such the successful candidate will be expected to represent the company in a competent and professional manner.
This role will involve the occasion requirement to oversee sub-contractors of a technical nature. Ongoing technical training and access to CTS accreditation will be provided.
Based in London - salary is extremely competitive - £32k-£35k plus van and benefits including bonus and pension.
Your skills and experience
You will have:
A working knowledge of audio visual equipment including projectors and complex audio systems plus computer protocols such as RS232, RS485 along with IP network protocols will be essential as will be the ability to use diagnostic tools.
All systems are modular and no electronic component level repair is undertaken, the ability to follow a schematic showing Audio Visual signals and control signals for interconnected devices is essential as is the ability to diagnose faults within the systems.
The successful candidate will be competent in the use of small hand tools and soldering for the purpose of making interconnects
- Experience of installing, commissioning and servicing commercial audio-visual systems including projection, flat panel, control systems, power amplifiers, DSPs, audio / video matrix systems, digital
- and analogue signal transmission formats.
- Must be able to work unsupervised, under time pressure and to deliver outcomes to budget and required timeline.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Sufficiently flexible and mobile to travel as required.
- Self-driven and results oriented.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Able to use access equipment and physically install hardware into clients sites without technical assistance.
You must have a driving licence and ideally have engineering or computer qualifications. CTS would be useful too.
Product knowledge should include all or most of:
- Audio Systems (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- LCD DLP Projectors
- Large Format Flat Panels
- AMX / Crestron / Extron type control systems
- Extron / Crestron / AMX / Kramer AV switching and matrix systems (digital analogue)
- Signal extenders over catX / HD BaseT formats
- Lighting systems / DMX control
- Basic computer networking, TCPIP, MAC, SubNets, VPN
- Video Conference CODECs
Our client is a well established and award winning global AV integrator who design, integrate, install and maintain robust AV systems and environments. They offer excellent working conditions and ongoing training.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 Audio Visual recruiters in the UK and rest of Europe. We work with clients and candidates alike to ensure the right fit for every job, every time