Electrical Engineering Sales Manager
Posted on May 30, 2019 by CV-Library
This opportunity has arisen as a result of the continuous growth of our client and the need to increase the sales team to expand business activities within the UK and Ireland.
Our client produces products and solutions for Power Utilities internationally. It’s products and solutions are primarily focused on smart grid applications, substation automation, distribution automation and renewable integration and include, Control, Protection, Metering, Communications and Active Network Management products. Our client is a market leader in the integration of renewable energy. It’s an innovative company with a reputation for delivering reliable products and solutions.
This sales role covers direct sales to Power Utilities and sales through contractors/integration partners primarily in the UK/Ireland but also sales support for international customers.
• Account Management, building and managing customer relationships and positioning our client for new opportunities. The sales cycle is typically 6 months to a year.
• Technical sales for existing / new products and solutions into the Power Utility market and other sectors within the UK/Ireland.
• Opening doors and identifying new opportunities.
• Promotion & presentations of our products, solutions and expertise.
• Tendering and submission of formal technical and commercial proposals.
• Development of channel partners in the region.
• Driving any necessary customer approvals and certifications required for new business.
• Pre-qualification for opportunities.
• Regular travel in UK will be required for pursuing opportunities.
• Technical sales
• The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to identify and develop
sales opportunities and to market technical solutions and services.
• Experience in working with Power Utilities
• Strong application engineering background in control and automation
• Experience in producing technical and commercial proposals.
• Delivering to sales targets.
• It is desirable if the candidate has a background in Power Utility automation, involved any of the following: SCADA, Protection, Substation Automation, Smart Grid Solutions, Distribution Automation, Renewable Energy or Communications.
• Electrical Engineering qualification
• Experience of having worked internationally within the power utility or
industrial markets would be beneficial.
• The ability to work at both the strategic and customer facing level is