Posted on May 29, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Gloucester, Harlow or London
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Head of Finance for Cyber & Intelligence (C&I), the successful candidate will manage a small team of qualified and part qualified Finance analysts across the Defence Intelligence Solutions (DIS) business within C&I which includes C2, Space and Intelligence. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver strategy whilst being hands on and instrumental in the day to day running of the business area.
The Finance Manager will be a part of the wider Cyber & Intelligence Finance team and work across multiple business areas as required. The Finance Manager will be responsible for providing high quality business partnering and accurate, actionable financial analysis and insight to the C2, Space and Intelligence business leads as well Finance leaders across Raytheon UK and Raytheon US.
You will ensure compliance with financial governance and policy requirements; Lead new business proposals, 5 year strategic planning, external customer stakeholder management, project accounting (EACs), monthly business forecasting and reporting, balance sheet reviews, cash and foreign exchange management.
* Fiduciary Responsibility: Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all financial records for the development of proposals and awarded programs
* Act as the “financial conscience” of the business and ensure Business and Financial Policy adherence
* People Development: Proven ability to manage, motivate and develop employees.
* Establishment and delivery of AOP and 5 year plan
* Management of investment funds including IRAD and project ROIs
* Oversight of monthly forecasting with an emphasis on ensuring predictability
* Management of Quarterly Estimate at Completion (EAC) processes
* Support the business risk & opportunities process (development, analysis, mitigation & review)
* Willing to travel in support of proposal development / capture, employee development processes and program reviews
* Ad-hoc analysis and decision support
* Work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis, Business Programme Finance and Central Finance Services to ensuring seamless communication on financial issues
* Champion best practice and look to improve systems and established processes
* Providing financial leadership to programme teams based over multiple site locations
* Monthly reporting of earned value management
* Qualified accountant (CIMA preferred) with proven relevant commercial experience in a similar defence or complex contracting environment
* Resilience to work in a fast-paced, changing organisation
* Ability to turn complex financial data into management information, including relevant recommendations that align to the business’s strategic objectives
* Financial leadership experience or related experience
* Commercially astute
* Proactive, analytical and inquisitive
* Agent for change and process improvement
* Willingness to travel to remote sites when required
* First class communicator with excellent stakeholder management ability
* Experience interfacing and conducting business with a various functional disciplines (Business Development, Contracts, Operations, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain Management, Program Management, etc.)
* Current holder of or eligibility to obtain SC level MoD security clearance
* Systems Experience in SAP, COGNOS
* Experience in a software development environment or similar would be advantageous
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in
£30k - £35k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual
£55k - £55k Annual
£25k - £26k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual