IT Service and Resilience Manager
Posted on May 28, 2019 by CV-Library
IT Service and Resilience Manager
- Leatherhead, Surrey
Reporting to: Service Operations Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £52,000 pa depending on experience level
Purpose & Objectives of the Role:
The IT Service and Resilience Manager will lead the maintenance and improvement of the company's resilience programme which covers both Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. It is envisioned the role holder will allocate 50% of their time to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery activities and 50% of their time to IT Service Operations, particularly ITIL process improvement and Major Incident Management.
- Minimum 3 years working within business continuity within a regulated environment
- Highly knowledgeable of ITIL processes
- Proven Major Incident Management experience
- Strong analytical, organisational and decision-making skills
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent report writing
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent team player
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the company's Business Continuity Management System and lead their Resilience Steering Committee.
- Identify areas for improvements to the company's Business continuity life cycle
- Lead on the company's ISO22301 certification assessments and internal and external audits
- Build, Develop and streamline the Business continuity lifecycle for the company, maintaining its ISO22301 certification
- Complete Business Impact Analysis ensuring business critical activities are understood, documented and as necessary have controls implemented to treat, tolerate, transfer or terminate any risk to critical processes and systems
- Ensure the company's recovery and resilience strategies are tested regularly ensuring thorough preparation, delivery and post exercise analysis and reporting is completed
- Ensure RTO's and RPO's for all systems are logged, agreed and are achievable
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Own risk assessments of the company's resilience arrangement taking input from horizon scanning
- Leading Major Incidents as required
- Complete Post Incident Reviews, identifying root cause and lessons learnt and track these through to completion
- Vendor ownership and management as required
- Support ITIL improvements in line with good practice and ISO2000
- Be ready and willing to support the company in testing, exercising and incident response out of hours as required
- Lead on the company's Business Continuity RFP's and RFI's for external parties
- Build and deliver world class scenario exercises, engaging with all management levels
- Ensure business continuity onboarding of staff is completed
- Conduct ongoing horizon scanning
- Provide regular and Adhoc reporting as required
- Highly proactive
- Lead the values, make a positive contribution to the company's culture by being:
- Considerate acting with honesty and integrity, and putting customer needs at the heart of everything we do;
- Collaborative working, succeeding and celebrating together;
- Accountable taking accountability for actions, delivering on promises and proactively calling out and learning from mistakes;
- Driven striving for excellence and continuous improvement.
- At all times comply with the company Code of Conduct and related policies issued from time to time, in particular the Fit and Proper Policy.
- Attend and complete any mandatory Compliance training within required timeframes.
- Other such duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Regulatory, Risk and Quality Responsibilities:
The individual will adhere to:
- Relevant regulation and legislation
- Company policies and procedures
- The individual will act at all times in accordance with the company Conduct Risk Appetite.
- The company defines conduct risk as 'The risk that the company make error in judgement and / or execution of activities that leads to unfair outcome created for customer; or non-compliance with regulation or legislation'.
- The company has no appetite for conduct risk, but where our conduct does give rise to unfair outcomes timely corrective action is taken.
- The company takes the confidentiality and security of all personal data extremely seriously and all employees are required to handle personal data in accordance with the Company's Acceptable Use Standard, Data Protection Policy and the requirements of GDPR.
- Where the individual is responsible for managing people, he/she is also responsible for ensuring that they comply with the above.
- Experience of working within a DevOps model
- Administrator level experience of ITSM tools
- Administrator level experience of XMatters
- MBCI Certified
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Athena Antoniou
E: (url removed) / T: (phone number removed)