Applications Operations Engineer - (SQL,SSMS,T-Sql)
Posted on May 27, 2019 by CV-Library
The role is to support, manage and maintain a single application or a suite of applications to ensure that applications are available within service level agreements, working to design, and secure.
What you will do:
* Monitor, alert and report on the health and performance of Capita’s Travel and Events data centre applications, services and web applications. This will be achieved through the use of Monitoring Dashboards, email alerts and log file interrogation
* Takes ownership of all Monitoring Dashboards ensuring they are relevant and current
* Verification and resolution of defects identified within the software systems
* Takes ownership of support tasks, investigating the complaint and communicating effectively and efficiently with users experiencing difficulty.
* Escalates issues of a high priority or severe nature to their line manager
* Utilises, updates and supports the Knowledge Base, contributing details of resolutions and using accessible information to resolve faults
* Coordinates the response to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow effective investigation
* Manage changes to service, configuration items, organisational change, supplier change and associated documentation
* Provides support to colleagues and clients using Capita’s Travel and Events systems under the direction of the Application Support Team Leader.
* Makes recommendations regarding the systems and software, both voluntarily and as requested
* Working with other engineers and architectural teams to establish application-level monitoring of systems and databases for proper operations and performance
* Deliver the best service to our customers on tools and applications that help us provide a world class suite of travel products.
* Working together with product owners and delivery teams on design, reliability and maintenance issues
Your experience will include:
* A good understanding of MS SQL Server with an ability to write T-SQL queries to manipulate and prepare data within SQL Server Management Studio.
* A working knowledge of enterprise monitoring
* Experience supporting enterprise level application and systems and/or providing monitoring and management of operational systems
* A proven track record of problem solving in both software and operational decision making
* Excellent communications skills and problem solving skills are a must
* Understands users and can identify who they are and what their needs are based on evidence
About Travel & Events
We support businesses to understand the complex needs and challenges facing each organisation when considering their business travel, meetings and event programmes. By understanding these challenges, we uncover opportunities that go beyond the obvious and tailor our approach and technology capabilities to unlock real value. We turn data into meaningful and actionable insight and apply our smarter working practices to influence changes in behaviour, avoid unnecessary travel and drive best practice.
Through our flexibility and specialist experience (over 40 years of it) that’s within our DNA, we apply our depth and breadth UK market knowledge, underpinned by innovative technology to create compelling solutions that deliver smarter buying, planning, booking and travelling. We’re large enough to make a difference, but small enough to care, and we will revolutionise business travel, meetings and events services through our knowledge, curiosity and innovation to enable every customer to realise the value of smarter working.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday (rising to 27) and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership