IT Support Technician
Posted on May 27, 2019 by CV-Library
IT Support Technician’s Core Duties
* Providing technical support to all the Trust colleagues and students with the emphasis on 1st & 2nd line or specialist support and encompassing 3rd line when required.
* Supporting the development of often complex ICT solutions in conjunction with/ direction from the Director of ICT Services.
* Delivering the appropriate support service, training, and awareness for ICT developments.
* Proactively drive systems development by keeping up to date with innovative systems technologies.
* Supporting, mentoring and training other colleagues of the ICT support team, specifically the IT Technician and IT Intern.
* ICT Systems Development and Support
* Web Site Management
* Compliance and Accountability
* Helping develop technical solutions to complex problems.
* Developing solutions based on a set of functional requirements.
* Support ICT implementation projects.
* Maintenance and development of the Trust’s websites.
* Maintenance and development of the Trust’s learning platforms.
* Ensure that all ICT services are in compliance with child protection, data protection and any other relevant legislation.
* Accept responsibility for ICT service problems and actively seek solutions.
IT Support Technician’s Skills required
* At least 1 years’ experience of providing technical support (1st/2nd line) and systems development in a medium to large ICT environment.
* Experience of managing and supporting Windows desktop and server systems and managed network environments.
* Experience using Disaster Recovery technologies and methodologies.
* Experience working on projects as part of a team.
* Experience of other key IT manufacturers or providers products and technologies.
* At least 1 year experience working within an IT Support capacity.
* GCSEs including English and Maths.
* At least 1 year working knowledge of server and switching technologies.
IT Support Technician’s Desirable Qualification
* Microsoft MCSE/MCSE or other Microsoft certification advantageous.
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification advantageous.
* VMWARE VCP certification advantageous.
* Experience with VMWare, Cisco, Windows and web technologies advantageous.
Are you enthusiastic about the IT Support Technician’s job? Send us your CV in word format today
£22k - £27k Annual
£20k - £26k Annual
£21k - £24k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£24k - £24k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual
£18k - £25k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£19k - £22k Annual
£16k - £22k Annual